- What is the Commonwealth Home Support Programme?
The Australian Government provides funds through the Commonwealth Home Support Programme for the delivery of support services to both older persons (over 65 or over 50 for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders) who wish to remain living at home for as long as they are able, as well as their carers.
- What is the Tasmanian Home and Community Care program?
The Tasmanian Government provides funds through the Tasmanian Home and Community Care Program for the delivery of support services to both younger people (under 65 or under 50 for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders) living with a disability, whose capacity for independent living at home is at risk, as well as their carers.
- What services does the Polish Welfare Office offer?
We coordinate and provide the following services:
- in-home services
- out of home services
- group social activities
The Welfare Programs Coordinator of the Polish Welfare Office is Teresa Grabek.
- What are the in-home services?
The in-home services are:
- regular home visits providing social support and befriending
- assistance with communication (letter writing, telephone calls, filling in forms).
- What are out of home services?
The out of home services are:
- assistance with appointments
- assistance with shopping
- assistance with financial transactions (banking, payment of accounts).
- What are the group social activities?
The group social activities include:
- Polish Day Centre – ethno-specific social activities twice a month on the first and third Tuesday. These activities usually take place at the Polish Club, 20 New Town Road, New Town
- social support at various local venues on a weekly basis (e.g. craft, presentations by guest speakers, information sessions, singing and dancing sessions).
- What transport is available?
We provide transport using our service vehicles on an individual or group basis, subject to staff availability.
- When meals are provided?
A traditional Polish lunch is served as part of the Polish Day Centre. Occasionally, meals are served at other group activities.
- Are the services free?
Some of the services are free, while others have a fee or co-payment. Please contact us for more details.
- How to access services through the Polish Welfare Office?
Please contact us for more information. You can find contact details on this page. The office is open between 9.00 am and 2.00 pm from Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays. If the office is unattended, you may leave a message on the answering machine or via the mobile service.
- Address: 22-24 New Town Road, New Town TAS 7008
- Telephone: (03) 62 28 62 58
- Fax: (03) 62 78 98 04
- Mobile: 0458 28 62 59
- Email: email@example.com